Sunday, November 14, 2010

Headed West

At the end of the summer, we took a 3-week trip to Utah/California by way of South Dakota and Colorado. We had a great time in the car together -- lots of talking, laughing, and some singing (Brayden discovered his love of "That's What You Get" by Paramore (or the "beautiful song", as he calls it)!

We stopped to see Mt. Rushmore...


One of my favorite photos...ever.

Stopped in Colorado and stayed with Linda and Rulon at their gorgeous place in Estes Park...
This is in their back yard!

Lots of fun in Utah...

Then to California to stay with Trish and Smith and their family, see Aunt Kim, and have lots of fun at the beach...

Brayden's "you wanna piece -o- this??" look

Snuggles for Aunt Kim

And back to Utah for more fun with friends and family, and birthday parties for Grandma, Grandpa, and Brayden.
Brayden was the King of the Birthday Hats -- he chose one especially for each person at his party.


4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Yay! Updates from Shalon!

Was that person who got after you ME?!? I am a little embarassed if it was... but pleased that it prompted you to blog.

I've been giggling about "what the hail?!?" all day.

Thanks for making me smile!

Shalon said...

Haha yay is right! Glad to be back in the blog scene. You *did* get after me, that's right -- but you were much more gentle than this other friend...I guess I need a mallet to the head once in a while :)

Glad you liked the Hail post -- I love that you appreciate my dorkiness!

(ps...I owe you a letter. as you know.)

Gibbons family said...

I didn't realize you updated this after I texted you last night...whoopsie. But I am glad you did! Brayden is such a cute little guy!!!! Miss you!!!

Shalon said...

No worries -- more updates to come :) Miss you too, Sis.