Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 12 - Brayden is my Prozac...minus the side effects

6.24.09

So...I haven't done a great job at posting daily like I hoped to. So solly!

Today was a "blah" day for the first half and then it got much better for the second half. I had a mini breakdown this morning...just a combination of emotions came together at once and it wasn't pretty. The floods (from my eyes!) came while I was feeding Brayden his breakfast, and Brayden was so sweet. He put his hand on my cheek and pulled my face down to his so that our cheeks were touching, and then made these singing noises. It was just what I needed to cheer up. I cried some more but those were happy tears.

This afternoon Brayden and I got some much needed one-on-one time. Everyone else went out to see Transformers (which they said was AWESOME and I can't wait to see it!) and the B and I stayed here so he could nap and I could work. When he woke up we ate some pasta together and just had some quality bonding time. It was the first time in quite a while that we've had that, with the craziness leading up to the move, then the actual move, and now being here we always have other people around. I didn't realize how much I missed having that time with just "Brayden and Mommy." Poor kid. It felt so good to just snuggle him and tickle and play hide and seek and hear him laugh. I'm looking forward to having our life back to normal so that we can have that one-on-one time consistently again. I love that boy so much. My heart must have grown back after Chris stole it because Brayden has it too.


(Taken on our CA trip...this is not North Dakota.)


1 comment:

gregandlaura said...

Shalon!! Its been awhile since I have caught up with your blog - I TOTALLY understand all the emotions you are going through!! Isn't moving so hard? Its so much work to prepare and deal with afterwards, then leaving a place you loved is never fun, it takes a while to really sink in, ya know?? So sad we missed each other!! Hope its gets easier soon for the both of us! :)