Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sweet Boy


This boy has the sweetest little heart.

Brayden developed a special bond with one of his nursery leaders at church. She played a huge role in helping him feel comfortable in class, and he won her over with his knowledge of his letters. :)

This sister was giving a talk in Sacrament meeting one Sunday. Brayden usually just plays with his toys during the talks, but this time he sat on my lap very reverently and listened. As she was talking, she shared an emotional story of when she and her husband lost their newborn baby. As she was crying and telling the story, Brayden put his arm around my neck, and -- looking very concerned -- said, "She is sad." I told him that he was right, and that she was sad because her baby was very sick.

He watched her for a minute, then turned to me again and said, "I need to give her a hug and make her feel happy." I told him that was a great idea, and that we'd go give her a hug after the meeting was over. For the rest of the meeting, he was so quiet and reverent, and kept reminding me that his teacher was sad. The look on his face was so sincere and concerned.

After the meeting ended, Brayden grabbed my hand and pulled me to the front of the chapel, where his teacher was standing. I explained to her that Brayden was concerned about her and that he wanted to help cheer her up. She got tears in her eyes and he gave her a hug. For a few weeks after that, he would mention this sister at least a couple of times each day.

I feel so honored and humbled to be the earthly mother of this noble spirit. Chris and I agree that there is something truly special about this boy. We adore our Brayden Wakiya.

No comments: