Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sharing Already

(from a Facebook post 2/25/11)

Update on the Ironroad twins! It turns out they are even more special than we thought. They are "mo-mo" twins (short for mono-chrionic, mono-zygotic), which means they are in the same sac.

While it is lots of fun because they are as close as they can get (without being conjoined), it is also very rare (estimated by some to be 1 pregnancy in 35,000) and there is a risk of cord entanglement which would cause trouble for one or both girls.

So as of 12pm today, I have checked in to a local "bed and breakfast" (aka hospital) for regular monitoring, and this is where the girls and I will live until they make their debut (most likely at 32 weeks, which is around April 20). Fortunately, it's not strict bed rest...I'll be able to walk around and do what I need to do... I just won't get to be home with Chris and the Brayden man.

Internally the girls are perfect, and I'm doing great (other than missing my guys)...this is basically preventative stuff. So please keep us in your prayers, and I'll be posting regular updates.

THANK YOU to those who have emailed/called/texted. We feel so much love and support, and I am so grateful for the incredible people around us. If you haven't heard back from me yet, I'll be catching up on messages here shortly.

Lots of love from Shalon and the Mo-Mo's (we should start a band!)

No comments: